We’ll it was sad to have to cancel our 1st Expo ever today in CFL but everyone has been very supportive and understanding of the weather circumstances.
With the weather forecasts getting so bad, Leanne and I actually drove up to TN on Thursday as being without power, AC, etc. is not good for me. Hopefully, we’ll be heading back to FL in the next few days assuming the storm does not track back around again.
As we all seek to regroup in so many ways from the impacts of hurricane Matthew, I hope the following verse encourages you as it has me:
Now glory be to God Who by His mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or dream of– infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts or hopes.” Ephesians 3:20
Here is a copy of the announcement for more specifics.
After LOTS of prayer and seeking counsel from others, it is with a sad heart that we have decided due to weather and safety concerns regarding hurricane Matthew that we are canceling the outreach planned for this Saturday. Leanne and I are very much on the side of “with God all things are possible” but believe it is His best for the Expo and all involved to not do anything that might result in injury or undue hardship on others in this situation.
Although the weather for event day is still projected to be good, the day before when we set-up things is when the hurricane’s impact is to be at it’s highest for the Central Florida area. It would not only be unwise but unsafe to attempt to set-up anything in these forecasted conditions. Setting up at 2am to 8am on Saturday morning is also not an option due to the unavailability of the needed number of people to accomplish the task. Several support groups that help execute the Expo on Saturday are also not available due to weather related issues and we have received feedback from others that many participants as well as volunteers may be dealing with aftermath and clean up challenges Saturday which has further confirmed our decision that it is best to cancel this year’s event.
We have reached out to the City of Ocoee about rescheduling but the park is booked through Thanksgiving. In turn, regrouping to have the Expo one of following weekends is not an option. It takes six months of planning and preparation to execute each outreach together so putting the logistics pieces back together and reorganizing volunteers in such a short time even if we had a site would be a monumental task.
Finally, we will be sending out an eblast to everyone preregistered as well as our whole area contact list informing folks of the changes today and tomorrow so please help us communicate this folks you know who were planning to be involved. Feel free to email us with any questions and we’ll keep everyone in the loop on the process specifics.
Thank you to everyone for the prayers, feedback, concern and support. God is good. Please stay safe and dry, too!